The three words
That best summarize the way work has been the last two and a half months are, you. wreck. me.
Things I wish more women understood
- Not eating will not help you lose weight.
- Eating healthy food alone will not help you lose weight, you need to exercise too.
- You DO have time. You have to make exercise a priority. More than once I have turned down a dinner invitation to go to the gym.
- Diets aren’t sustainable; if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to change your lifestyle.
- Properly fitting clothes can actually make you look thinner/more proportionate/taller/shorter/however you want to look. The tips shared on What Not to Wear can be applied to everyone.
- You’re better off eating a little bit of real butter and real sugar than loading up your food with the fake stuff.
These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. What are some of the things you wish more women understood?
Today I quit* Facebook
And it felt great.
*I didn’t completely deactivate my account I just deleted the app from my phone (pretty much the only way I access FB). Since social media is part of my job, I thought I should at least keep my account. Either way, I don’t have plans to login any time soon. Or ever. Stay tuned.
50 shades of I don’t give a shit.
There. I said it.